Sunday, September 10, 2017

Which Hat Looks Better?

Now before I begin, I am going to say: no, this is not an entry about hats--hats are only a PART of the story I'm about to tell. This had to be said in case you came to this entry thinking I was asking for fashion advice. Now that I've cleared this up, it's time to start this entry.Not long ago, my mother and I were in downtown Manhattan. We were sitting on a bench together when a man walked right up to us and showed us two hats, asking which one looked better on him. Not knowing this man from Adam, my mother and I didn't know what to think. That didn't last long, however, as this man proved to be a kind soul while we talked to him. He gave us his full name more than once, as if he wanted us to look him up when we got home. Our encounter with this man, although brief, left an impact on both myself and my mother, and it remained in our thoughts the rest of the day. Needless to say, we searched his name on Google. Curiously though, we could not find him, and believe me, we tried every variation of his surname. My mother and I looked this man up again a few days ago, and we were saddened to find out that he died at the end of march--a few weeks after we saw him.Apparently he'd been fighting health issues for a long time. We realize now that he wanted us to know who he was before he died. I will end this blog entry with this: my mother and I will never forget you David.


Capax Infiniti



https://www.amazon.com/Serch-Bythol-Tammabukku-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B071F3ZKZR

No comments:

Post a Comment