Tuesday, September 26, 2017

My Thoughts on Superstition



Hello readers! As I promised, I'm back with a new entry after a few days. This entry will be about the subject of the superstition, and how I feel about it. 


Superstition can manifest in many ways, and I will be talking about some of those ways. First I will discuss social media superstitions, and then the classic ones. One I see everywhere is basically this: "If you don't send this chain message to twenty other people, than a ghost girl will kill you in your sleep." I find the concept ridiculous, and I'm glad many people don't take it seriously. 

Here's another chain message I see everywhere. It tries to convince people that if they forward the message to 20 other people, then God will bless them with many wonderful things, but if they don't, then the wonderful things will not happen for you. So basically, you're saying that our Creator will only do this based on an internet chain message and how many times it's forwarded.

Another one I see, mostly on Facebook, tries to say that if a Facebook post doesn't get a certain amount of shares, than Jesus will take away the life of a child with cancer. Whenever I see that, I think to myself, "And you're claiming this using  Jesus' name." Jesus could care less about Facebook shares, so he most certainly will NOT take away a child's life over them.

Now onto the classic superstitions. I will start by saying that in my experience with Friday the 13th, the only "bad" things that happened were the same small mistakes that could happen on any other day. No matter what challenges my life brings, I'm grateful that I'm not one of those people who believe that their life will turn to hell by the sight of a black kitty crossing their path, or a hat tossed on the bed.
So, I've said my piece on the subject of superstition. If you laugh at any of the superstitions I talked about, know I'm laughing with you.


"My name is Raven. People were going to kill me because of the color of my fur., but my life was saved by a loving boy.  Read more about me in SERCH BYTHOL, Volume One of THE TAMMABUKKU CHRONICLES."






Capax Infiniti

amazon.com/Serch-Bythol-Tammabukku-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B071F3ZKZR

No comments:

Post a Comment